ABC News Australia reported workers felt seriously ill after assembling Apple laptops and iPhones using a harmful chemcial, n-hexane. Workers said, the chemical was being used in the production of Apple products and has left them unable to walk, feeling dizzy and numb. They said the purpose of the chemical is to glue and polish the logos on Apple products. In addition, this is the second time of worker poisoned incident in this year already. Apple and Foxconn definitely will have to put more concern on the workers safety to avoid more workers poisoned.
“At first the symptoms were pretty obvious. My hands were numb. I could hardly walk or run. I think they knew it was poisonous to human bodies but if they had used another chemical our output would not have increased. By using n-hexane, it was much more efficient”, told by a woman who has now been in hospital for more than half a year.
“My legs still hurt. This will accompany me for the rest of my life. It’s very painful,” commented another employee.
Apple would not onfirm any connection to this recent worker poisoned incidents but said it had tightened its requirements regarding workplace safety at its suppliers, according to ABC News Australia.
There Are Too Much Light Pollution Over at Hong Kong Apple Stores
Amazon is the First Foreign Tech Company to Offer Paid Android apps in China
You Can Buy Fresh Crocodile Meat in China Supermarket
Lenovo First MediaTek-based Smartphone Teased by Kobe Bryant (Video)