iPhone 5 Leaks Out Of Foxconn Jincheng Factory? Boots Up iOS 6 ErrorSeptember 5, 2012 | by: Chris Chang | Apple |
We won’t see the new iPhone be officially introduced to the world until next week’s Apple event in San Francisco, but the device has been getting plenty of play in leaked photos lately, and now we get a peek at the device in a video, showing off the new iPhone booting up, and a look at how the snappy the device seems to be. Check out the video after the break, and more photos.
Okay, here’s the story. A tipster tells Chinese tech media Vgooo.com that he has “accidentally” discovered an iPhone 5 prototype when he made a visit to his friend at Foxconn’s factory in Jincheng. Just in case you haven’t heard of Foxconn’s factory in Jincheng (in China’s northern Shanxi province), it’s actually Foxconn’s upcoming largest factory on Earth. According to sources, Foxconn will invest 100 billion yuan (US$15.7 billion) to develop the world’s largest precision manufacturing base in Shanxi, and Foxconn chairman Terry Gou said he intends for the investment to transform Jincheng into the global capital of precision manufacturing within the next five years. So, in Foxconn’s Jincheng factory, our sources tell us that each Foxconn worker needs to finish some touch-up cleaning to complete up to 3,000 iPhone 5 back panels every night in recent months.
So, according to the Chinese tipster, he “accidentally” discovered an iPhone 5 prototype at Foxconn’s factory in Jincheng, and when he got his hands-on with it, he could feel the phone is thinner, and it is indeed taller. He quickly took some photos, and a video. Well, is the boot up video real or fake? We are not sure, but it’s still interesting to see the device in the video could not be activated, where it says,
“This device is not registered as part of the iPhone Developer Program. If you are a member of the program, please register your device in the @@url@@.”
More photos below.
Source: Vgooo.com (Chinese Translated)
p.s. The home button looks weird.
Related Themes:Foxconn, Foxconn Jincheng Industrial, iPhone 5, Shanxi, Shanxi Province, the new iphone
- iPhone 6s price will be similar like iPhone 6, but not like iPhone 7.
- iPhone 6c. To be, or not to be... Not to be.
- China Unleashes Most Realistic-Looking Unibody MacBook Air Clone (Knock-off)
- iPhone 6s China release date... Very interesting
- China's mobile phone users reached 594 million
- 9 Most Amazing Chinglish Quotes
- iPhone 6s is almost here. Why?
- Unearth The True Feelings of Taiyuan Foxconn Workers: I Feel Loss and Hopeless (Exclusive Interview)
- Where will be the best place in China to buy iPhone 6s?
- Say Goodbye to the 16GB iPhone 6s ... iPhone 7