Thousands Line Up For Foxconn’s Jobs in ZhengzhouJanuary 30, 2012 | by: Chris Chang | Apple Foxconn's Hell Factory |
On the 30th of January, thousands of hopefuls stood for hours outside a labor agency located in the Chinese city of Zhengzhou, the largest city of Henan province in north-central China.
The lines stretched more than 200 meters along the road, and the people who were waiting in line with their applications just hope to get a job at Foxconn, as the electronics contracting giant ramps up its iPhone production at Zhengzhou plant …
Previously, we reported that Foxconn is working with the city of Zhengzhou to double the size of the workforce at its facility there, recruiting an additional 100,000 employees. Well, these people saw the job advertisement posted by the Zhengzhou government in the city which showed the salary at Foxconn’s Zhengzhou factory is 1650 yuan (US$261) for basic salary, and the salary would be increased to 2400 – 3200 yuan (US$379-$506) after the appraisal. What’s more, workers do not need to pay additional money for dormitory and food. Foxconn incorporates the food and housing allowance into the basic salary. So, this attracted thousands of young job seekers to deliver their resumes to the Foxconn representatives.
“Working in southern China is too far away from home. I could only go home once a year,” said Xiao Wang, a Foxconn employee who was working in one of the Foxconn’s plants at southern China.
Related Themes:factory, Foxconn, iPhone, workers, Zhengzhou
- iPhone 6s Prototype. Depth: 7.1mm!!!
- iPhone 7 - What We Want To See in
- iPhone 5S into iPhone 6 Plus Body.
- iPad Plus - What we know about Apple's larger-screened iPad.
- Apple stopped manufacturing iPhone 5c.
- IPhone 6s Camera features.
- iPhone 6s price will be similar like iPhone 6, but not like iPhone 7.
- iPhone 6c. To be, or not to be... Not to be.
- China Unleashes Most Realistic-Looking Unibody MacBook Air Clone (Knock-off)
- iPhone 6s China release date... Very interesting