Rovio Plans to Open 200 Angry Birds Merchandise Stores in ChinaNovember 24, 2013 | by: Chin Lan | China |
Now the company has initialized the second phase of its strategy by setting up a team, to make Angry Birds even more popular in China. The plan is to put up 200 stores in China within the next three years, to promote and sell Angry Birds merchandise…
The wildly successful mobile game app Angry Birds is still the App Store’s number two bestseller, with downloads top 200 million across all available mobile platforms. The company has started selling Angry Birds derivative products online last year, and successfully sold 3 million Angry Birds stuffed toys and phone cases. The sales of various types of Angry Birds merchandise have exceeded more than US$ 70 million.
The Angry Birds characters have gotten that kind of attention in the world’s biggest market China as well. In China, ‘Angry birds’ mobile phone cases, cushions, T-shirts and other derivative products have been extremely popular on Taobao (China’s biggest online shopping site, similar to eBay). Although those products are not officially licensed or even consider as knock-off, company’s chief marketing officer Peter Vesterbacka wants their goal to become the most copied brand in China. His logic to that is if you are being copied it means that everyone cares and knows your brand.
Related Themes:Angry Birds, Angry Birds China, Rovio, t-shirt, Taobao
- iPhone 6S Keynote - 9-th September. Force Touch Confirmed.
- China Mobile leaked special iPhone 6s price for customers.
- iPhone 6S Release Date, Official Presentation, Keynote.
- iPhone 6s Display + Some new Features.
- iPhone 6S - A supplier from Guangdong was found to have 74 violations.
- 4-inch iPhone 6c Cases Prototype.
- iPhone 6S Price in USA vs China and Hong Kong.
- iPhone 6c Release Date in China - November (rumor)
- Chinese Chopsticks Thief Can Steal Your Smartphone While You Are Cycling
- iPhone 6s will have something like a two day battery life.