Huawei MediaPad Eyes-on!June 20, 2011 | by: Chris Chang | Android China |
Shut up and sit down, the planet’s first Android 3.2 tablet is here. Huawei has finally introduced a 7-inch Honeycomb tablet over in Singapore’s CommunicAsia conference. What’s so special with Honeycomb 3.2? Well, Huawei tells us that 3.2 is essentially the same as 3.1, but specifically tailored to 7-inch tablets as opposed to 10-inch. Great, and the specs? Awesome.
The MediaPad is 10.5mm (0.41-inch) thick, compared to Samsung’s original Galaxy Tab (7-inch) which is 11.9mm (0.47-inch) thick. It weighs in at 390g (0.86 pounds), sports a 217 pixels-per-inch IPS capacitive touchpanel, 8GB of internal storage, GPS, 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera, 5 megapixel rear-facing camera (with autofocus and HD video recording), 802.11n Wi-Fi, HSPA+ (14.4Mbps) 3G support, Bluetooth module, HDMI output, microSD card slot, a 4100mAh battery good for around six hours of life and a dual-core 1.2GHz CPU from Qualcomm which supports full 1080p playback. What’s more, it comes pre-loaded with Facebook, Twitter, Let’s Golf and Documents To Go! Check out more pics and a promo video after the jump!
We think the MediaPad is definitely the best, and most powerful 7-inch tablet in the market now. Design needs a little bit more work, and the software is satisfactory with Honeycomb. Its 6 hour battery life seem a bit weak, but we love its size, definitely perfect for ladies to put into their handbags. Speaking of price and availability, Huawei has no words on pricing at this stage, and the company has in the meantime already announced its desire to launch the tablet in India in the next quarter, as pointed out by the Huawei India Marketing director Anand Naranghas. As for US availability, it is tipped for Q3 2011. Here comes a question, is there a Wi-Fi-only model? Nope. Huawei has “no current plans” to produce a WiFi-only model, and if you are pissed off about that, feel free to speculate wildly in comments.
Related Themes:Android, Android Tablet, Galaxy Tab, GPS, honeycomb, Huawei, MediaPad, photos, Singapore, videos
- iPhone 5 Wannabe. Designed in USA. (Updated)
- iPhone 6S Release Date, Official Presentation, Keynote.
- How The Chinese Make Fun on The Taller, Longer iPhone 6S (UPDATED)
- Wait iPhone 7. Ok. Watch The Chinese Make Fun of iPhone by Introducing iPhone 20s (video)
- Sleeping Rack Support, Best DIY Traveling Tool in China
- iPhone Repairman Recovers Customer Deleted Nude Photo and Puts on Display
- iPhone 6c Body Size - 4-inch display. He is dressed in a metal body.
- It's iPhone 6S. Done.
- The Chinese are Excited about the Pineapple Smell from iPhone Headphone Jack
- iPhone 7 - How It's Made. Why Foxconn Worker Hates Making iPhones