Huawei MediaPad Eyes-on!June 20, 2011 | by: Chris Chang | Android China |
Shut up and sit down, the planet’s first Android 3.2 tablet is here. Huawei has finally introduced a 7-inch Honeycomb tablet over in Singapore’s CommunicAsia conference. What’s so special with Honeycomb 3.2? Well, Huawei tells us that 3.2 is essentially the same as 3.1, but specifically tailored to 7-inch tablets as opposed to 10-inch. Great, and the specs? Awesome.
The MediaPad is 10.5mm (0.41-inch) thick, compared to Samsung’s original Galaxy Tab (7-inch) which is 11.9mm (0.47-inch) thick. It weighs in at 390g (0.86 pounds), sports a 217 pixels-per-inch IPS capacitive touchpanel, 8GB of internal storage, GPS, 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera, 5 megapixel rear-facing camera (with autofocus and HD video recording), 802.11n Wi-Fi, HSPA+ (14.4Mbps) 3G support, Bluetooth module, HDMI output, microSD card slot, a 4100mAh battery good for around six hours of life and a dual-core 1.2GHz CPU from Qualcomm which supports full 1080p playback. What’s more, it comes pre-loaded with Facebook, Twitter, Let’s Golf and Documents To Go! Check out more pics and a promo video after the jump!
We think the MediaPad is definitely the best, and most powerful 7-inch tablet in the market now. Design needs a little bit more work, and the software is satisfactory with Honeycomb. Its 6 hour battery life seem a bit weak, but we love its size, definitely perfect for ladies to put into their handbags. Speaking of price and availability, Huawei has no words on pricing at this stage, and the company has in the meantime already announced its desire to launch the tablet in India in the next quarter, as pointed out by the Huawei India Marketing director Anand Naranghas. As for US availability, it is tipped for Q3 2011. Here comes a question, is there a Wi-Fi-only model? Nope. Huawei has “no current plans” to produce a WiFi-only model, and if you are pissed off about that, feel free to speculate wildly in comments.
Related Themes:Android, Android Tablet, Galaxy Tab, GPS, honeycomb, Huawei, MediaPad, photos, Singapore, videos
- iPhone 6s price will be similar like iPhone 6, but not like iPhone 7.
- iPhone 6c. To be, or not to be... Not to be.
- China Unleashes Most Realistic-Looking Unibody MacBook Air Clone (Knock-off)
- iPhone 6s China release date... Very interesting
- China's mobile phone users reached 594 million
- 9 Most Amazing Chinglish Quotes
- iPhone 6s is almost here. Why?
- Unearth The True Feelings of Taiyuan Foxconn Workers: I Feel Loss and Hopeless (Exclusive Interview)
- Where will be the best place in China to buy iPhone 6s?
- Say Goodbye to the 16GB iPhone 6s ... iPhone 7